Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cranberry Beans, Millet, Roasted Broccolini, Fried Egg

This is the sort of meal that comes from having a bunch of good ingredients on hand but no clear plan of what to do with them. I soaked some millet and beans overnight, and then went to the store the next day to see what looked good, opting for more of this beautiful broccolini from Borba Farm that I've been eating a lot of lately. I had some diced red onion (from my knife skills class), so I caramelized that and added it to the beans once they were cooked. I cooked the millet and tossed it with just a little ghee to add some richness (I swear, soft-cooked millet with ghee and sea salt is as good as, if not better than, mashed potatoes any day), roasted the broccolini with garlic, and put it all together with an egg on top. Delicious, if a little scattered...

No comments: