Sunday, April 18, 2010

Logan and Olallieberry Sorbet


I picked these berries last summer and they've been sitting in my freezer waiting for the perfect moment. Today when my mother called asked me to bring dessert to dinner, I wanted to make something simple and easy, so I decided to make the berries into a sorbet. If you've never made sorbet before, it is incredibly simple: you just puree fruit, or use fruit juice, and churn it in an ice cream maker. That's it! I added a bit of sugar to these berries (which I pureed and strained to get the seeds out) as well as a splash of cherry liqueur to keep the sorbet from getting icy, churned the mixture and then stuck it in the freezer to harden for a few hours. The result was delicious and so pretty! I can't wait to go berry picking this summer so I can make more.

No comments: